Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sonia's room filled with sunshine

Sonia's room is turning lovely! I picked colors for the walls before we moved in. We situated Sonia's new furniture and I am almost done making her bedding. It is my first real pieced quilt; I picked fabric, cut it, sewed it and even quilted the whole thing all by myself. The quilt, snugly super-soft blanket, bed skirt, bedding and window curtains are finished. A small shed on the picture is our small storage place where we keep our bikes and Mischa's food. It is small but we are very glad to have it for all sorts of outdoor stuff. I am still designing and sewing a sham for the pillow. It took a thought and effort to design the curtains and the bedskairt but it is all done!
I am trying to figure out some art for walls and thinking about painting something with Sonia or gluing something fun this fall. The laundry hampers for Sonia and a baby came from TJ Max and add to color scheme of things.
I also found a matching shoe organizer that should help organize little things and some toys.
Sonia moved into her new bed as soon as we arrived here. She still sometimes takes naps in her crib but she loves her new bed.Sonia wakes up and plays in her room in the mornings then she says "Sonia wake up" and comes to snuggle in our bed. I think I am so much into organizing and sewing because it is a part of getting ready for a new baby. This week I plan to start on cutting fabric for baby's new bedding and I hope to get it all finished.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love that quilt! I'm so impressed.

Nadia said...

Thank you, Emily. I couldn't believe i finished it... it was a huge project for me. Ashley's mom showed me how to cut the fabric when we were in Utah and then i just put it all together ;-)

Tamara said...

Great Job! I love all the bright colors!