Monday, June 22, 2009

Fun in the rain

Venturing out and riding our bikes to the Potomac river last week turned into an adventure. On the way there it was hot and humid. I felt a bit exhausted when we got there.
First time riding somewhere is always hard for me... maybe because I don't know how much strength I need to get back home. Jeremy got some cake bread at the gas station and Sonia fed mostly the geese and the ducks and perhaps had a bite or two. Geese were a bit wary of Mischa but wanted a treat.
On the way back we faced a huge storm with lots of rain pouring over us. Jeremy said it was just as wet as when you swim in the pool. I was glad it was a warm rain. We laughed and kept going. Mischa greatly benefited and smelled good for the whole day after such a nice shower.

We also discovered another playground close by that has less mosquitoes. Sonia loves walking there,
running with her little duck
We tried out a huge slide.
Jeremy went first and got a little stuck on the way down. Sonia climbed all the way up but decided to take stairs on the way back.
This weeks joyful moments and crazy doings kept us busy and happy. Sonia washed strawberries and peaches and helped me clean kitchen floor. She also helped papa to cut grass, picked it up and put it in bags. She has been little helper with the best attitude and willingness to help at all times.
We are slowly but surely organizing our home and our lives here in Alexandria. We both are speaking in church this weeek... i really need help with that ;-) plus they asked me to teach RS lesson on the same Sunday... I wonder how not to tire everyone out. My plan is to give Jeremy as much time to speak as possible ;-)

4 comments:

Andrea J said...

Sacrament and RS? That is a lot. I wonder if the RS knew that you were already speaking? I've been to your ward in Alexandria and know that there are others there who could teach too! By the way, I really liked your ward, good luck on Sunday.

Tamara said...

Sounds like some fun adventures!

Ashlee said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying Alexandria. We haven't taken the time off from organizing and unpacking yet to explore Portland. I need a break!
I can't believe you have to speak in sacrament meeting and teach RS. I wish you luck! I would die...I am such a freak when I talk in public I stress myself out to the point of tears. Somehow Greg and I escaped the UCLA ward with never having to speak in sacrament meeting. They never even asked...phew!

LindySummers said...

Hi, it is Lindy Summers from the Bell Haven ward. I found your blog after you posted on the playgroup blog I started. Anyways I wanted to know where you live because that crazy tall slide is in my neighborhood. We good to that park often, we were just there last night.