Monday, June 8, 2009

Flight to Alexandria

Thanks to grandma and grandpa we got to the airport an hour early. US Airways had a small messy play ground for little kids; Sonia cleaned up the toys while we were waiting. Soon we learned about mechanical difficulties on our plane. We landed in Phoenix only ten minutes late on a different one. However, because Sonia and I sat all the way back next to the bathrooms, by the time we got out and ran across the whole terminal our DC plane closed its doors. We waved "Good Bye" to a plane and to our bags that somehow made it. And headed to Courtyard Marriott to spend a night.
Sonia enjoyed the pool a bit nakie because our swimming suites were on the way to DC and we couldn't miss a chance;-) We had to swim nakie ;-) Well, I just rolled up my jeans up but Sonia took full advantage of this opportunity. She made friends with an older couple from Brazil. They helped her around the pool and played in areas I couldn't reach ;-)
We suppered on whole wheat grilled-cheese sandwiches and salad with milk from a cafe.
The next day I lost my cell phone... my diaper bag fell out of the van with stuff flying everywhere... they found it and my phone should be here shortly. The flight went well. With minor setbacks we arrived at our new home. And we love it here!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hey Nadia! We just moved too...we wern't as smart as you though...because we decided to drive with Brynlee in the cab. It was the longest 3 days of my life! We hope you guys enjoy your stay in Alexandria! We are up in Portland now. I am pregnant again too...due Nov. 20th. Good Luck with everything!

Tamara said...

Wow that sounds like quite the adventure. Glad you all made it there safe and sound!