Sunday, December 21, 2008

Deck the cookies

Last week Sonia wanted to visit Babulya every time we ran an errand. I kept assuring her that we'll see Babulya on Sunday. She was super happy when we finally were on the way to Babulya's house today.
All Sonia's hopes came true with my mom having very jolly time with her granddaughter. They ran around and chased each other with a butterfly that can flop its wings. We had a wonderful a la Russian dinner with oven baked turkey and veggies in personal clay pots then enjoyed decorating Christmas cookies.
Alright I didn't grow up doing this so kudos to my mom who did a bit of research on what goes into the dough and what to put on top of Christmas cookies. We had two kinds: sugar cookies and some Russian honey "pryaniki."
Here is how it all turned out.
Sonia had to share some with her papa and deda.
She loved eating and giving away her cookies! I hope we'll keep this tradition in our family ;-)

3 comments:

Tamara said...

What a fun time. That is something our kids look forward to every year.

Cherali said...

We miss the lovely white blanket that covers Utah in the winter. Hey, could you email me your current address? my email is cherali@gmail.com
thanks

Natalie R. said...

Those sure look scrumptious! I'm glad you guys are having so much fun over there, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!