Sunday, December 28, 2008

a day after Christmas

All good people were shopping this Friday, I am sure. We woke up early and joyfully drove to Sundance to be a part of one of the best ski days ever! Jeremy went down the mountain first and floated in the fresh powder, covering himself in the snow from hat to board. "It was one of my best runs ever!" he would tell me on the lift a few minutes later.
I stayed on the groomed part of the course, venturing several times out into fresh snow and getting stuck. Oh, it is impossible to get up! The other time it was bliss though ;-) Jeremy took a few shots of me on the board.Taking yoga classes and running in the park last fall helped me have more confidence. Sitting down and getting up is part of a day for a new person like I am.
I practised carving and hope to be good at it by the end of the season.
We are planning to go once a week to Brighton for night skiing. It is our Christmas gift this year. We love Utah and the mountains. If only Sonia was here with us, I can't wait until next year... our little Sonia will be joining us for sure!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I learned to ski at Sundance and it is still my very favorite place to go. Although that's also where I tore my ACL so it's a little scary. It looks so fun!