Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blackberries in the backyard

Today we spent whole day trying to catch up on some sleep and baby quilting activities. At the end of the day Mischa had to go out and so we ventured into the Southern humid afternoon... to find some berries about twenty yards away from our home.Sonia's delight and berry picking skills motivated me to run back home and grab a camera. I think there were about five berries hiding in the little chicks ;-)
First time picking berries all by herself! Blackberry bushes have huge thorns... I pricked my finger and it still hurts but that didn't stop Sonia even a little bit.
On Wednesday we explored water buoyancy at Tiny Friends. Raced around with cans of water. Researched things that float and sink.Sonia watched Audrey launch and race her little boat.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

I love blackberries!! My friends and I used to pick buckets of berries, and then their grandma would make blackberry pie. Mmm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!