Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Choo Choo train at Burke Lake

When I was two years old, my mom and I rode a miniature train in Ekat Central Park. Even today I remember that train ride, conductor and the excitement of the day. There is no pictures but my memory preserved it better than a camera would have.

We had to go see the Burke Lake Park last Monday because they also have a train. The rail rode has been around for more than thirty years. It has a real train station not polished like Disney even with spider cobs. The engine has been replaces about four years ago and this one is new. Sonia had her snack and then we rode the train. It went really fast and she finished riding in my lap.
We walked around a lake on the five-mile fitness trail that reminded me of the same type of trails in Russian parks.
Then we enjoyed a ride on the carousel. Sonia rode a white stallion all by herself with just a little help of my finger.Second time Sonia rode a train with papa. She gave her ticket to the conductor. She was excited to see a tunnel one more time (tunnels are our big faves at the moment) and go over the bridge/ fridge, as Sonia calls it. On the way out a train engineer let us sit in his chair. He showed Sonia how to operate a train and let her touch the buttons. I hope Sonia remembers this outing like I do mine.

1 comment:

betsey said...

Nora loves tunnels right now, too! AND trains. That looks like a perfect day, and I am sure that Sonia will have fond memories of the day!