Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween preview

A cute shot Jeremy snapped of our little gray slon (elephant). I thought of a banana costume for the baby but Jeremy pointed out that Slon doesn't eat bananas... really? Oh! Then maybe I'll just get a pumpkin.
At the music class last week Sonia twirled and danced.For one of the songs where kids pick instruments to go with the rhymes, she asked for a harp and singers.
At the story time Sonia has her favorite pink poodle. We have to leave it there and it is always hard. She calls it my pink poodle ;-)
So far she requests an ABC song about twenty times a day... we love the song, not so sure about knowing the letters. I have to add that I don't know any alphabet in its order, I have never learned them so it is challenging to keep everything straight.
Yesterday I did my own very first story time at the Sherwood Hall library. They had budget cuts so we got a group of moms helping the library with keeping up their programs. I did color songs, rhymes and read "Put me in the Zoo," "Lemons are not red," "Painted mouse," and "Sylvi." The children seemed to really enjoy it. To top it of we made ice cream cone craft -- Sonia loved it.
Mischa is doing much better. He is eating again and acting like himself. He is being a good boy, Sonia says.

No comments: