Saturday, October 3, 2009

Free Dog

I walked through the front door after picking up Jeremy from the late night session, the house smelled like... not sure if there is an adjective. I wondered how we have spent a whole day inside listening to General Conference and not noticed the "smell". I ran upstairs to hide something in the closet, a treasure to be used for Christmas stockings and saw our bed!!!!!!!!! There was an alarm clock covered in liquid poop. My precious pillows, my perfect Martha Stewart bed!!!!

Jeremy walked in and I begged him to come upstairs. "Please take care of this mess!" I begged because I felt like passing out; in a few minutes Jeremy was in the bathroom cleaning his clock!!!! WHAT ABOUT MY BED!!!!!! A clock can wait ;-) so I washed it all in the sink then in the washer... good thing Martha's bedding is not dry clean only while Jeremy discovered more surprises in Sonia's room on her little carpet and in the living room.
Mischa has been sick and throwing up. In his defense he tried escaping through the door and tore it apart as well. Mischa has been sick since last Friday. He lost a lot of weight and I will probably end up taking him to the vet tomorrow. Good Heavens! He goes to see a doctor more than anyone else in our family! I haven't even figured out a pediatrician so far!
So I went downstairs and yelled at him... letting the worst of my feelings out and he felt SO bad. He hid himself and his always proud tale was hid and he was very sad.BUT I felt better, right away... he had to know that sick dogs need to stay downstairs. Good thing too because Jeremy forgot to shut the doors to our bedrooms and I even reminded him before leaving... and I think yelling at the dog is sort of better than your husband, right?

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, so sorry. Hope you were able to get it all clean!! If you want to drop Sonia off while you go to the vet, give me a call.

Natalie R. said...

Oh how awful!! Poor Mischa, and poor you!!! I can't even imagine having to clean all of that up, I hope everything came out okay and that Mischa is feeling better.