Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day afternoon

In church my mom and I ;) received little bouquets of tulips. It was special ;-) I am grateful for everyone who is helping me to make this transition home. Thank you. I don't have enough words to express how grateful I am.
We also went to Botanic garden and enjoyed the beauty of flowers. My mom took a picture of every flower it seemed like. I tried to restrain myself in some ways.

Sonia in her toddler way was refusing stroller rides the whole time we were out, preferring walking around & leading where she liked it best. At home she nowadays gets a lot of help with walking from Babulya, my mom. She usually walks from wherever I am to wherever Jeremy is and back again. I have a feeling she will be walking soon all by herself.

We got to Discovery Garden for the kids and that is where Sonia's real fun began. She enjoyed sorting out pine cones, digging in the big bucket of dirt and walking across miniature bridge a thousand times.

I was switching with my mom to support all these activities. There were two boys getting worms out of a worm pit and after they succeeded, Sonia saw a slimy red worm for the first time. I was glad she didn't try eating it. She didn't even get tired ;-)

3 comments:

Emily said...

It is so beautiful there, it looks amazing! Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Хорошо выглядите!
Бойцовы Алексей, Ася и тётя Таня.

Em said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm so happy to hear you are home from the hospital and that your mom was able to come out to help you. It looks like you all had a great mother's day weekend in beautiful NY.

I'm upgrading to 310 soon...and wish you guys were still there!