Saturday, April 3, 2010

A prayer

Between two sessions kids and I ventured outside to walk Mischa. Jeremy feverish and sick stayed home. We walked and walked and then decided to visit a playground close to our home. I was glad to see another little girl playing there.
Lilian turned to be four years old. She and her dad were from Missouri visiting grandparents. She was brave to climb up all the hard places; her dad stood right beside her. He even helped Sonia a few times and helped her learn new things. He shared his life: just got back from second deployment in Iraq. He said his daugther was so much bigger... he had that look on his face while he spoke about her. He laughed... like a guy who has seen sorrow. Then he collapsed with seizure. I had no phone on me but ran and borrowed one from a Mexican lady who chanced to be not too far away. 911... they tried keeping me on-line and I probably yelled at them. Both girls needed me so I hung up and comforted Lilian. She wanted to pet Mischa. He licked her and she smiled.
Paramedics got there quickly... I ran with Feo dangling in my arms to get their attention. They hurried and took care of Lilian's dad. I am so grateful to be there today! So glad I stayed a little longer and chatted a bit... so glad out paths have crossed.

5 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Wow, what a day! I'm so glad that you were there and that you were able to help them. Good job of thinking quickly and finding someone with a phone, I hope Lilian's dad will be much better soon!

Heather said...

God led you there to help him. What a blessing for him that you were there.

I will be coming to Washington DC in June! How long will you and Jeremy be there?

Susan said...

I'm so glad you were there and able to help! Poor little Lillian, and dad! What a feat to juggle kids, a dog, and still be able to do what you needed to! You are obviously where you need to be!

Kayt and Brian Bell said...

wow, that's great that you guys were there to help! I hope all is going well. Have you had a chance to check out our family blog? I don't know if I have your email address ( Nadia) or I would love to add you. We live in Florida now and are loving it. Addi is crawling now and says ma ma, da da, na na, and sometimes ba ba ( I think that's what she's saying. . it's hard to make out the babbling). I had fun reading your blog. You do a great job of keeping yours up. We need a new camera so I haven't posted recent pictures, just from Brian's phone. Sonia and Feo are DARLING!!!!! You are a good mommy to them.

Kayt and Brian Bell said...

Oops!! I forgot to give you our blog address. . it's kaytandbrianbell.blogspot.com. . if you want to send me your email via email my email is kaytbell@gmail.com.