Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday at home

"Look outside! All cars are covered with snow!"
Magically old world disappeared in the three feet of heavy white snow. Our stake authorized us to hold a sacrament meeting at our homes... it was so sweet to gather at the kitchen table with my husband and two children ;-)
Then Jeremy took Sonia and Mischa for a walk and they were gone for more than an hour. Sonia my little toddler wanted to go on and on leaving her little footprints in the snow.
Jeremy sored himself with digging our car out... it took a while and we all had to come out and help him.
Nice hot chocolate after good dinner finished our Sunday.
I spoke with a friend on her way to Bahamas. I told her how excited I was for her and she laughed saying "have fun being stuck in the snow." The truth of the matter is that I would much rather be in my little home covered with snow and nowhere to go than bake in the hot sun. Well, it is just how I am.
We wished to see a Blue Jay this morning. We have not seen one at our feeder for a long time. Voila, at dinner this beautiful blue bird came to eat with us.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Fun memories! What a cute red bundle with bright eyes!

Natalie R. said...

I agree that I would rather have snow than be boiling hot!!

Church was canceled a few weeks ago because of weather, and like you said, there is something really special about being able to have the Sacrament at home.

I hope Jeremy's hands are doing better after all the shoveling!