Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cooking

Last week we made it to the bishop's store house and got some white and red hard wheat... Jeremy grinds it into flour and I usually bake the bread. Here is a loaf of my making that went really well with cheese soup.
Jeremy found a bread machine book at Marshal's the other day and what do you know, he got into bread making... last week he was caught reading recipes and making two loafs of bread. Here is his first try... it was delicious and let me just say it is a pleasure to eat something of not my making!
I also made my first granola and it was tasty... I made a few changes adding whole wheat flakes, flaked flax seed and omitting coconut because i don't really like it.
Latest of Feo... he grabs anything within his reach, drools all over and tastes all things that can fit into his mouth. Feo is about four months old on these photos...
At the Children's Museum we got to do some weaving... Sonia and papa had good time exploring a beehive. Jeremy tried on a cool Beehive master outfit. Feo listened to the little bird noises and played with Sonia and papa...
First Sonia would squeeze a bird inside of a bag, birds would give out a natural call and we would try guessing what bird it was. Then she would take a bird out show it to Feo and match it with a picture by the bird nest. We could stay there and play for hours.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wow, that loaf looks delicious! I've never tried baking without a bread pan, I'd love your recipe. Feo looks so cute in that picture where he's playing with the birds and Sonia!