Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Guest on the patio

As we walked in the house after story time today I heard Sonia yell: "Baboo (her word for Russian butterfly) is eating my peach!! Get it back! It is mine!"
I looked out the window and she was right. A beautiful creature came to visit and enjoy tree ripened peach from the farmer's market. I actually bought a whole bushel of peaches last Tuesday for $15 so there is still plenty for Sonia. But she tells me baboo can have them all; Sonia needs that one.
I was not in a hurry ;-) After all we were about to eat some broccoli and shells for lunch. Sonia changed her mind in a few minutes after observing a beau with words "Baboo doesn't eat shells, baboo likes peaches. When baboo is finished, Sonia'll get it back."
My wise little girl ;-)

4 comments:

Emily said...

That is one BEAUTIFUL butterfly!

Jacy said...

That butterfly is so pretty! Sonia sounds like she has such a fun personality. I love the picture of you two together in the back of the car on your way to church... especially with her sunglasses on. What a cutie!

Natalie R. said...

Wow, that's pretty cool! I'm amazed that you managed to get a close up of it before it flew away, that's so great!

Irina said...

I think it is worth to share a peach just to have such a nice baboo picture :)