Friday, May 29, 2009

Last few days in Utah

On our two last trips to the Bean museum we fed Otis, a tortoise Sonia's lunch and saw a frog that feasts on mice. Otis was super happy to discover world of bananas and raisins. Sonia still talks about it because it was her banana and I held it while Otis gobbled it up. Slow tortoises are very fast eaters! The frog was big and old, about nine years. He ate mice once a week and because of his age, baby mice only. He looked rather healthy ;-) Mice are good for you!
We went back on our bikes to the Nun's park and threw some more rocks in the Provo river. Sonia will miss this activity. She is really good at it.
Sonia climbed her favorite slide and proved once again that a two-year-old girl is good at all things ;-)



I finished Sonia's super soft blanket for her new bed. Sonia helped me pin it and was so excited when it was done; now I just need to finish her bed skirt and curtains for her room. She loves to cuddle in her new blankie; it made all work absolutely worth every stitch of it!
We celebrated my birthday at Gateway with grandma and grandpa Lamb, Mike and my mom. We are missing everyone already.
Mischa patiently awaited us in Sonia's seat.
Then we packed all day Tuesday and if my mom didn't tell me Happy Birthday, I would have all forgotten about it. Sonia and Babulya had way too much fun on the trampoline for the last time.
Jeremy and some not so young men in our ward loaded the truck; to my surprise all our stuff fit inside. Jeremy took of with Mischa as his only companion. On they went.
The truck says "Moving up..." and I would add "in the world" at least for us! Mischa is on top of everything and that is how he would get to Virginia, with his nose next to windshield.
I went to Kid to Kid and Sonia found a yellow car bed for herself. She wanted to get it and even took a piece of a car with her to a check out. She loves zheltue machinu; we always note them on the freeway.

No comments: