Friday, May 22, 2009

Hello Alexandria ;-)

We signed a lease and are on the way to Alexandria, Virginia. We shall get there the first week of June and I will become a southerner in a cute town home with beautiful patio looking onto a park ;-)
with french doors
and very little fridge that "might" be upgrated in the next two weeks, according to our new landlord, Joe. As already usual for us... we have not seen this place in person so it is going to be a surprise. Adding to it; I have never been to DC or Virginia but know the place by heart with the help of Gmaps.
For now we are getting furniture off ksl (local craigslist) and packing up. So far we accomplished to find a nice white leather couch, chair and an ottoman for our new living room. A cute blue leather recliner for Sonia ($5 special ;) A new bedroom set for Sonia and soon to be here child was delivered to our door all the way from St. George and I absolutely love it.
I am also busy finishing up Sonia's bedding for her new room. Here is a sneak peak at the colorful quilt that is almost finished. I am about to quilt it and a nice lady from our ward is going to help me with pinning it up tomorrow morning... I decided to save $100 and try quilting it with my machine. I hope it works ;-) Baby project is on hold for now... since there is just not enough time ;-) I might just have to buy crib bedding later. I sitll hope to get to it sometime this summer.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Exciting times. Good luck with everything!

ashley said...

Wow! That was fast! We will miss you when you won't be so close anymore. KSL is great - I'm glad you found such great stuff. The quilt looks great!! I'm so impressed that you're going to quilt it. Let us know how it goes. Maybe I'll try it next time.

Jessica said...

Very exciting! Good luck with the move.

Emily said...

You're going to love it! I lived there when I was a kid and it is BEAUTIFUL. It looks really nice in the pictures! Good luck with your move!

Andrea J said...

I love Alexandria - have so much fun. There is a Crate and Barrel outlet there that is really great. Your place looks nice, that backyard looks great.