Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our mom and Sonia's Babulya

My mom was brought up and lived through times when work outside the home was the most important and recognized activity for a women. She chose differently. After receiving an education that could have allowed her to qualify for some of the best positions, she choose to have me. She was not a Latter Day Saint's then. I was born and she tried focusing on the little family that she had or me. Plus while I was sleeping at night, she earned a living by sweeping floors and cleaning bathrooms for a few years.
Needless to say that this stream of events put her into a financial strain. She is not a kind of a person to ever ponder her situation or ask a question "What would I do if..." She knows she did the right thing and she continues to inspire me to do more with what I've got and not whine about the circumstances.
So precious is what she can do for us and her creativity.
This Easter my mom gave Sonia an Easter box with lots of colored feathers and wooden decorative egg. For a while I pondered what in the world am I to do with this egg... because I plainly dislike gifts of no use ;-) They are perfect subjects for being tossed out every time we move!
Well, Sonia loves to sort and count her feathers. She guards them against Mischa who loves to snitch one or two and chew them up while Sonia is not looking. And she always talks about Babulya and how much fun she had at her home looking for this little present. Thank you, Bulya!

No comments: