Monday, April 21, 2008

More about hair and our Saturday

Sonia gets a pair of shoes out of the closet. And starts her usual marching round.After twelve months of being a Mommy with a pony tail, I ventured out to get a hair cut in Park Slope this Saturday. I just walked into a place and agreed to a first available time. A Latvian hair master asked me if there was anything specific I wanted. I said my husband likes my hair long. While carefully taking of the length, he commented on my ash blond color and said that it is really rare. According to him, most people try to die their hair ash-blond but it turns out golden or reddish. I think he had fun cutting, blow-drying and giving finishing touches to my dew. I ended up giving away a fortune.... $60. Don't think I will ever go back there for a second try. It felt so good to have it done!!!!!!! I hurried to get home. It was weird to be on the street without Jeremy and Sonia in her stroller.

The money was well worth to see Jeremy when he opened the door and looked at me ;-) He took these pictures and then we headed to the kids' park.
Sonia has grown and changed since her papa saw her last time at the playground. She is fearlessly climbing up steep stairs and enjoying big slides. Jeremy was a bit uneasy at first but quickly got really good at synchronised sliding.
Woo-hoo! Safely going down...
Note: Jeremy's serious expression ;-) No kidding, serious business.
And Sonia is like, "This is easy with my papa!" Yeah! Snuggle time only Sonia is way too busy and wants to run to the next thing.
Here is Sonia's favorite way to go down, in mommy's lap.
Sonia is also very much into pushing little strollers, cars and anything with wheels. Today she pushed a car on her knees across the park for about an hour. Nothing could get her attention. I was afraid her jeans would wear down to nothing. Sonia is so funny about it. She is focused, determined and pays no attention to anything around her when she is learning something new.

9 comments:

Emily said...

your hair is so pretty, i love it!

Em said...

Love the new cut!

Morgan Moore said...

The new hair looks great! I just found your blog. Hope you guys are doing well! We miss you!!

xoxo
Morgan

The Thomases said...

I love your new do! Very cute.

Cherali said...

Your new dew looks great, and how fun to spend a day at the park with the whole fam. fun times.

Anonymous said...

Надя, это Бойцовы Алексей и Ася!У вас замечательная дочка!Такая большая!Наша младшая дочка Валя пока ходить не научилась.Но уже всё понимает.Мы зарегистрированы на сайте "одноклассники"
http://www.odnoklassniki.ru/
Там у нас фотографии наши и дочек.Пишем мы и блоги, но там фотографий нет.Пишите нам по адресу aboytsova@rambler.ru

Anonymous said...

Надя!Ваши семейные фотографии мне очень понравились!
Тётя Таня.

The Thomases said...

Hey Nadia,

I wanted to invite you to continue reading our blog, but I need your email address. Email me at jpeters60@hotmail.com

betsey said...

Your hair looks great Nadia! I owe you a phone call--I'm sorry things have been just crazy here! Richard is graduating on Friday and I am graduating the week after that! Know that I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing well! I'll give you a call in a week or so! Have a great day!