Sunday, April 13, 2008

Party Party Party

Somethings we just never know. Jeremy's job is quite unpredictable and with the buzz of a berry he sometimes has to go. This weekend was just like it.
We woke up early. Sonia got to play with her papa in the morning. We went out and got a cake from the neighboring bakery on 7th Ave, a dozen balloons from a copy store on Flatbush, and a few things from the grocery store for a fruit punch. I felt like we were a little family happily strolling up and down Park Slope. It was one of the first warm days around here. Jeremy decided to wear shorts and a t-shirt.
When Sonia got a glimpse of the balloons, she grabbed them and didn't want to let them go all the way home. Even when we got home she was still holding onto them. It took a bit of persuasion from her papa to get the balloons out of her tied grip.
Right at two o'clock in the afternoon when Sonia's guests were about to arrive at the door, a nasty berry started making lots and lots of noises. I knew right then that Jeremy might have to leave us. So far we have been quite lucky. He has been able to make time for us even with this tough job. This time he told his boss about the party and just stayed with us until he absolutely had to go. Sonia and I love him for that ;-)

We got to do a lot in four hours!

First Sonia had four friends come, play and sing Happy Birthday to her. She has never had so many people over before but she did very well. She opened all her presents and tried on little outfit she got from Lena. She also loved how Isabella personalized her bag and read her card. She was excited about a little toy purse from Ellen.
Then she tried blowing off her one candle but it didn't work too well so papa had to help her. This was a perfect little party. We thank everyone for coming and celebrating with us.


When all guests left we decided to run to the Botanic garden and see first cherry blooms and magnolia blossoms. This is us at the Japanese garden while Sonia was taking a nap in the stroller. A lantern is quite old... it is from 1650s.

I couldn't help myself when I saw all these magnolia blossoms. Jeremy made a great model. I wish I could have all of us on this picture.

Here is one picture with Sonia and papa right after she woke up from her nap.

Soon after Jeremy had to catch a cab and run to work in his short sleeved shirt, shorts and sandals. We missed him for the rest of the day/night. There will be more cherry blooms this year but we would have to wait till the next year for magnolia family shot.
On Sunday I taught RS lesson for the first time ever. It was a bit scary but I got through it. I was so relieved when it was over... the only thing Jeremy had to go to work again. Right after RS was over he got in the car. He was the only one in a white shirt and a tie in his office. Dedication ;-)

9 comments:

jeremiahrjones said...

What beautiful blossoms! I'm glad you got to enjoy them.

Emily said...

happy birthday! i love parties. and congratulations on your first lesson, that's a big deal!

jeremy, what do you do? (for work)

Em said...

Happy Birthday, Sonia! (Love her hair, BTW). Sorry to hear J's been working so much- no fun.

Those cherry blossoms look amazing. D and I have been wanting to go to Japan to see them but maybe we'll just have to take an easy NY trip in the next few years 'til we can afford Japan.

Nadia said...

If you decide to come, we have a futon, a Costco floor pad and will be able to find find any other acomodation;-) It is a fun place and we would love to have you! So come before you head for the West.

Jenny said...

happy b-day, sonia! i bet the first year has gone by so quickly! it's amazing how fast they grow! sounds like you guys had a fun party. i'm glad jeremy was able to stay at least for a little while.

Tamara said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Those trees are amazing. How beautiful!

Glad you survived your first Relief Society Lesson. It can be a bit scary at first but it gets easier the more you do it.

Diana and Scott said...

That sounds like a fun party. We need to come see you guys. I can't believe Sonia is one already. She is so darn cute.

Natalie R. said...

I'm so sad I missed it, but I'm glad everyone had such a good time and that Jeremy could be there! I can't wait to see the blossoms, how gorgeous!

Good job on your RS lesson, I'm so glad you got through it and felt it went well - yay! :0)

The Thomases said...

Nadia! I saw your comment on my blog and I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to respond. I can't believe that Sonia is 1 already. Has it been that long? She's so adorable! And it looks like you guys are enjoying your time in NY.