Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boots and shoes

A few days ago while I was cleaning and organizing my closet, Sonia got one of my boots out, put it on her arm and crawled with it back and forth for about fifteen minutes. She enjoyed the boot so much that now every morning she goes into a closet to find a boot. She walks with it across the room and I end up with shoes spread across all corners of our apartment.
Yesterday I put a little pair of shoes on her footsies for the first time or maybe a second time. Sonia finally liked them. Today she found her left shoe, tried putting it on the right foot, crawled to me and wanted my help with putting it on. We got right shoes on her feet. Then we went to a playground. There she was proudly walking without taking them of. It is amazing to think that just a few weeks ago she absolutely disliked wearing any shoes. She survived for one year with socks only even in public places. I feel good about it since shoes are expensive little things. The pair she is wearing now came to us from the downstairs neighbors. They are well worn and fit perfectly ;-)

1 comment:

Emily said...

so fun! my boys went without shoes for the first year or so as well. dirty socks, but it beats a fight!