Friday, April 18, 2008

Our hair saga

When we first met, Jeremy had a wild hair style. His hair was puffy and long. My roommate tried giving him a cut but Jeremy insisted on keeping the length. I had to wait until our wedding day to see Jeremy's sharp hair look. His natural curl makes it impossible to make his hair look nice unless it is short or has tonz of jell. Nowadays I keep up with it almost twice a month. I love cutting his hair and hope I do a fine job most of the time.
My hair is... straight. When I was single, I took about five minutes to get ready for my dates. The most fun I had was for my bride pictures when Susan's hair mistress, Kathy gave my hair a look with lots of curls. Plus on my second reception day when I had it down with funky curls. I love my hair plain. When it just naturally falls down.... it is a look that is easily achieved with a morning shower and ten minutes to let it dry. I might do something else some day when I turn gray.... maybe.
Sonia is another story. She inherited untamed hair style her father is so proud of. Only her hair is very fine like mine. She'll most likely have my color so she probably won't need to die it. But I still think she is a poor little creature who will have to spend hours shut in the bathroom trying to make anything out of it. I am not sure how to help her. My friend Lakshmi who has beautiful curly Indian hair suggested putting baby oil in it for now. She said I could even use olive oil. So that is what I tried today. Sonia enjoyed the experience. Her hair is much more manageable and doesn't get into her eyes as much.

5 comments:

Marla said...

Hi Nadia,
I loved this last post because it reminded me of when you were still single and living in Orem! I am a witness, you really did take just 5 mintues to get ready for dates. :) Those days were so fun.

Jessica said...

I LOVE her hair. It is so cute!! And I do remember Jeremy's puffy hair back at BYU! Glad to hear you are keeping it under control!

Natalie R. said...

It's fun to see pictures of her and see her full face. :0) Are you going to keep putting the oil in her hair? It looks good.

Natalie R. said...

Hey, I just wanted to mention that your hair looks so good!! I'm glad you were able to get it cut like you had been hoping. :0)

Jenny said...

we all know that the best jeremys hair has ever been/will ever be is seen in the notorious fish picture. glorious as a Grecian god.