Saturday, March 29, 2008

tough decisions... gotta make choices

It was quite a day... we had lots to do and the morning was perfect with tea cakes, OJ and pineapple. We practiced Oh That I Were An Angel for the church and it sounded really well. Then we went to a Canal St. If you don't know what it is... it is a place where one can get Rolex watches for, well, for less.
I didn't realize what I was getting myself into until we all were led down a street by some strange women who kept communicating on her cell phone and scanning the street with her dark eyes. She stopped at a light and told us to go forward. I got a bit scared simply because it felt funny and I didn't want to act like a.... someone who is about to buy drugs. We felt strength in numbers since there was three of us.
We finally got to a place. It had one front room and two secret rooms. My companions were led away downstairs. Sonia and I were left to wait our turn and ponder what we were about to do. Then we went into a room filled with fake Gucci, Coach, D&G.... purses, wallets etc.
Yes, I found a perfect black Gucci diaper bag. It was $40 plus lots of thoughts on legality of the purchase. I was so excited about it that when I walked out on the street and tried showing it to the rest of our gang, a Chinese women yelled at me with a very high pitched voice and made me tuck my illegal purchase back into a black plastic bag.
As if this was not enough... we proceeded in the same sort of manner. Yeah, we actually went to see Chicago on Broadway. We got tickets "accidently" since they were much cheaper and didn't give much thought to the fact that the theme was about wifes who killed their lovers. I thought I was going to fall through the face of the earth.... it was the most suggestive and provocative show I have seen in years. Outfits and skimpy dance movements took all pleasure out of the show. I have to say that singing was pretty good as long as you could keep your eyes shut. I simply couldn't last through the whole thing and suggested leaving.... thankfully we walked out.
Then I called Debbie. It is so good to have such a friend who can be there for you at all times and you can just ring and tell things as they are. Well, I felt really bad that I screwed up the day for everyone else and was sort of a party pooper. She told me it was okay.
We had a great dinner at Juniors and then Susan and Heather went to see Legally Blond. They just came back and said it was awesome. Next time we will check our shows a bit more carefully. But I do like my fake purse and maybe plan to get another one.


Today I used it for church and I loved it! It is a nice size, holds two bottles on the sides and matches my black McLaren perfectly. It also says made in Italy even though I know it is China ;-)

Here is an update on the purse... I finally got rid of it with Jeremy's help and lots of encouragement. ;-)

1 comment:

Em said...

The "buying the diaper bag" story is way too funny. (post a picture of it, please).

And I totally hated the movie "Chicago"- I made Duncan walk out on it with me. So, I definitely get that the Broadway play would have been...um, scandalous.

Sounds like you guys are having fun with Jeremy's mom and sister.