Thursday, March 27, 2008

I am from Big Apple... true or false

When we first came to Brooklyn, NY last fall everyone sounded sort of funny. I still can't understand half of what my baby sitter, Patsy says although she is from Caribbeans. Now I can understand most of everyone without having to decode every word, even our doormen sounds normal. Stepping off the airplane in Utah people sounded very Utish. I am kind of used to it since there is a big difference with CA. Then when I went to pick up Jeremy, he sounded so New Yorkish. But then we flew to San Diego and I had to adjust my ear again. If I fly to CA and take the test there, would my results change again?


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia
The Inland North
The Midland
Boston
The South
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

By the way, Jeremiah got me completelly hooked up on taking these quizes and I need to clean my house!

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Hmm, that's interesting. Mine said I'm from the midland (Pennsylvania area) but I think I definitely have a Seattle accent. Oh well, maybe I answered something wrong. ;0)

And if it makes you feel better, even after living in the Caribbean for a year, I still could only understand 85% of what I heard!

betsey said...

This is so funny Nadia! You have clearly adapted well! It is so wonderful to see pictures of adorable Sonia! She is a sweet red cheeked angel!