Sunday, June 8, 2008

NY Summer is here

The summer heat is on with 100 degrees... taking humidity into account it was 105. Okay, that is hot for the month of June ;-)
Jeremy had lots of stories of hot days in Brazil to tell me on the way to church this morning. He helped me feel that NY is quite cool and enjoyable. We took the bus going home since we didn't dare to take our chances in the middle of the day. It was our first time on the bus since Christmas time when it was a blizzard.
Yesterday the heat was 93. We did a few things including going to the Diamond district and FAO Schwartz. I found super nice South Sea pearls for a very good price but I walked away with light heart and no balance on my credit card. The set was perfect with white pearl earrings surrounded by diamonds and a neckles with 13.2 mm pearl. It was a beauty. One day I will go back and buy it. Today one of the Stake leaders spoke about self reliance. I didn't have to blush for myself while hanging out at the organ. Thank you, Jeremy ;-) My best of all advisers and the most fun, kind and loving guy in the world.

Sonia loved playing with toys at the big Schwartz store yesterday. We watched the big piano show for the first time.
Sonia chased down a huge monster. He ran away from her eventually.
She loved a pink retro car with a cool horn in the toddler department.
She was crazy about the play house and giggled on the yellow duck while peaking into beebo baby TV.
Sonia climbed up on the bench all by herself and played a miniature piano. I didn't get a good shot of her wonderful technique. Here she just climbed up, then she played with her fingers, no knuckles but I missed my shot.

2 comments:

Emily said...

UGH, that heat sounds awful! I never knew it got that hot there. We had our heater on today (only in the 50s here!), it's COLD in Utah this spring.

Natalie R. said...

Yeah, the heat's been pretty awful, huh? Oh well... I'm glad you had so much fun at the store, we haven't made it there yet. Looks like a blast! :0)