Monday, June 16, 2008

a night at Classic Car Club

Courtesy of the law firm our first night out in NY with high class entertainment, food and a cab to get us home. In the morning Sonia and I stopped at the Aquarium with a couple friends.

My friend Natalie who has a son, Henry was kind to watch Sonia for us. Around 5 pm I called her and said I will be a bit earlier since there was a special transportation also provided by the firm. Well, by the time I carried Sonia downstairs in the subway, realized I forgot my wallet (I had two purses!), had to go back, navigated super complicated doormen and an elevator with more buttons than stars in the night sky, nice luxurious apartment building... I was late. Jeremy was nice about it.
We missed the bus but there is always a subway in NY to get to an exotic Classic Car Club ;-)

CCC is not pretentious, they are enthusiasts, the cheapest monthly fee is only $8,000, according to their brochure. They pitch is: "It is cheaper than parking in NY for a month." Join CCC and get the keys to an unparalleled selection of gorgeous cars. Adventure begins.

We walked in and first car was a 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo.... later that night Jeremy took a snap shot with me.
I wanted to sit inside but that was not possible.

The party was big. I got to meet Jeremy's work friends and was invited to a car race but politely declined it. Here is Jeremy in the driver seat. He won the night race against a superior lawyer but Australian driver. All races were coin free.... what a delight!


We had plenty of drinks, mini hot dogs, burgers, cream puffs. I stayed mostly away from the food but loved simple orange juice with ice. I find it helpful to have a glass in my hand when I need to carry a conversation with someone I just met.
Jeremy was great! He even pretended to honk a horn on this classic 1966 Mustang Fastback for me. This was my favourite car of the show.

I also got to sit on the bike.
On the way back we found our Sonia deep asleep and had to let the cab go. We didn't want to wake her up while getting in and out of a car so we took a subway. I transferred her to bed at home and she slept soundly through the whole night.




1 comment:

jeremiahrjones said...

Well, Nadia, you have good taste in cars. I'd want to sit in a Lamborghini if I had a choice.