Saturday, June 5, 2010

My June

Why to be born in June... six month away from Christmas puts me right in the middle of the year. Summer is here ;-) Good times!
We celebrated my birthday with flowers, ice cream torte from Cold Stone and a new My Touch phone. Well, it's worth being mentioned because it is a smart Android that I was lucky to get two weeks before its official release day. Things I most like about it: navigation system (with traffic updates and new routes in case of heavy traffic), gmail, fige meg camera with a flash, radio, and anything one can wish for on Enternet. The only thing lacking is Skype... otherwise it is close to perfect. I was in a Thrift store to get some storage bins. After checking their price and comparing it to Wallmart, I opted for a new Rubbermaid bin from Wallmart, just for a few more dollars but much better one.
The phone turned to be a great craigslist shopping tool. So far I found tons of clothes for Feo and lots, lots, lots of small people toys. We have so many that I had to get the biggest storage bin at Wallmart... Sonia and Feo loved that.
No more pink for Feo. Ten bags full from 12 months to 3T all in one stop.It took me a while to figure out what to do with his clothes collection ;-) He now has more clothes than any of us.
Sonia is building a town with rodes, cars, garages and houses. First time such a detailed construction.
On Memorial weekend we listened to the National Symphony on the steps of the Capitol. On Friday we had a preview then on Sunday we went to see the whole thing.On Saturday Sonia fell sick with fever... she got it as high as 104 but she fell all better by Sunday. Then Feo got sick on Monday. His fever didn't go as high.. just to 103.5. Sonia played at the Riverside gardens.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday! What a cool present. you're good with Craigslist, I can never find anything I need.

Natalie R. said...

Happy Birthday, Nadia! You're lucky to get such an awesome present, that will be a lot of fun.

We watched a lot of the Memorial Day concert/program on TV, it was very touching. I'm glad we have a day to remember those who have sacrificed so much for our freedom!