Sunday, December 6, 2009

Deck the Halls

First snow fell on Saturday morning; we got to Home Depot to pick a tree... for just $29 we found a Douglas Fir beau to fit in our tiny living room.
Sonia helped me decorate tree with pine-cone gnomes, bells, and old Russian decorations. All thanks to my mom. I am still working on a few felt decorations and I need something for the top. When we were finished, Sonia said this is my big tree! We decorated our stairway with garland, knitted train and hang little German wooden toys on our little tree. I found all these cool little things at the garage sales last summer.
While we napped, Jeremy built a fire and we spent a cosy night enjoying warmth and piece meangled with Christmas lights and hot chocolate.
Sonia's played with her three bears on a sled. She sat them all in the raw then said: "Mama, please take a picture of just the bears."

"This is my sled!" wailed Sonia across the room. But too late, silly mama put poor Feo in it ;-)Life is beautiful ;-) Simply can't get better than tonight!

No comments: