Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

First time for everything... six years we made it without cooking the bird; today was our first one! Sonia helped me pick it out yesterday. Jeremy did an excellent job even though I surprised him this morning by saying the bird was his to cook. We planned to have friends over but at the last minute something came up... We went ahead with out plans and had a great time with just four of us and Mischa.
I rubbed turkey with spices and stuffed it with fresh rosemary. It turned out perfect! Thank you honey!
We also started a new turkey tradition. Sonia and I made this paper turkey a week or so ago. Then we wrote down little things we were thankful for each day and stuffed our turkey at night. Today we read our blessings aloud! Here is what we are grateful for: Sonia was grateful to sit on her papa's lap and eat grape nuts one morning. She was grateful to make this turkey with me. Grateful for yummy muffins. I am grateful for a clean fridge and bathrooms, for Jeremy leading home family night and talking about our blessings and for Sonia loving Feo. Jeremy is grateful for a cool foggy Thanksgiving morning and for his little women and one little guy ;-)
I am sure we have not mentioned all what was on our minds and grateful hearts... the turkey was waiting and it was time to eat. Sonia asked for seconds and thirds of turkey and cranberry sauce. Jeremy was into gravy and I enjoyed my green beans with golden chanterelle mushrooms. Making dinner was lots of work but now I don't have to cook for a week! Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

It all sounds so delicious. Glad you had a good time!

Natalie R. said...

I like your "thankful turkey" idea, that's so fun! I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving and I'm impressed that you even cooked a turkey!

KJ said...

Nadia,

It's a shame we've been out of touch for so long! We could have celebrated this Thanksgiving together, especially since your original plans fell through. Bummer. Instead I had to roast a turkey myself... for the second time in my life.

Are you going to be in town for Christmas?

Nadia said...

Katya, I wish I would have known and we would have loved getting together... maybe we should plan somthing for New Years celebration? How far away are you, guys from Alexandria? It would be fun to just get together just because ;-) we would love to see you!!!