Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Three-day weekend

We love having papa for three days to ourselves. We found Mischa a dog sitter for when we fly to Utah next month. Then we played at a Sparkle Lab in the American History Museum.We went shopping at TJ Max and got some cool stuff ;-) for cheap... a dress for me, running shoes for papa, Curious George books for Sonia and additional train tracks for Feo. Plus tried on hats... I have to say trying on hats was my fave activity when I was a kid shopping with my mom. Then on Monday it was warm and sunny so we went to see our friends a the National Zoo.
Baby panda was up and eating his lunch. Too bad he is going to China soon (all US born panda babies belong to China. They are here on a loan for a few years after they birth then they are shipped away)... I hope they treat him well there.
We saw not a hedgehog. It is a look alike from Madagascar, a small tenrec. It has no needles. Sonia wanted to pet him.

An older lady stood right behind us. She smiled at me and told me my son was flirting with her... he is quite a cooer and will try huge smiles, laughing and giggles if you are close by.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Samuel absolutely loves pandas right now, how cool that you got to see one! Enjoy your trip to Utah! :0)