Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Feo's crib

Last week we put together Feo's bed. He is not ready to sleep on his own yet neither am I but here it is... The mattress frame went up, a quilted bumper was neatly tied up and two jolly kids gazed at my finished work... a joyful moment.
This little quilt and a bumper are designed by me. I also made a big quilt in red with the same large squares that came from a book. It is too big for Feo but I am thinking to put it up on the wall.Sonia's baby Dear also has a matching quilt.
It is perfect for Sonia's baby ;-)
We are flying to Utah soon and I can't wait to find new fabrics for my summer projects! When I went shopping for my first quilt for Sonia's new bed Jeremy about had a heart attack... he didn't think I could finish putting all the little scraps of fabric together but I somehow managed it. Now I am much more confident and even make my own designs ;-)
Today at the library we made fun walkie-talkies out of plastic cups. Sonia and I played with it whole day long and when papa came home, he also tried them out. So simple and it works!

Right before bedtime I caught Sonia reading Feo a new book from the library. Feo intently listens to every word of Sonia's story ;-)

3 comments:

Natalie R. said...

That's really incredible, I could never do anything like that! Congrats on a job well done - it'll be awfully cool for them when they're older to be able to appreciate all you made for them!

Susan said...

Those quilts are beautiful! I love it! They are so friendly and the colors are so bright and cheerful. Great job! I don't know when you are arriving in Utah-but my very favorite quilting shop has a big sale on Feb 6! You could definately stock up!

Valerie said...

That pic of Sonia reading to Feo is so precious!!