Friday, November 21, 2008

First Christmas casualty

We are moving out of NY, selling most of our furniture, packing up the rest and putting everything in the storage. I was going through all our stuff and decided to show Sonia some of our Christmas decorations. A while ago Babulya sent us our old family ornaments from Russian and nothing broke on its way to the US. Then we thought we accidentally lost them; Jeremy thought he threw them in the garbage in LA. I almost had a heart attack, then he found them shortly before Sonia was born. So today we repacked everything for another move and Sonia got to peek into our family Christmas treasures. She took two beautiful balls and "BANG" one of them turned out to be made of glass.
Oh, well what can you do? I remember this pink ball with snowflakes from a long time ago... probably was about Sonia's age when I first saw it. My mom told me I broke a few ornaments on my first Christmas.
Sonia played with Santa and Nativity globes. We talked about Santa and a little baby... I am sad we will miss it all this year.

We are grateful to move to Irina's home for a few weeks and spend this Christmas in Utah. So here we are packing all our stuff and hoping to get it back someday.

5 comments:

Diana and Scott said...

So are you guys moving to Utah? I hope you are so we can at least see you every once in a while. Sonia is such a cutie, she's grown so much. Does she speak Russian? Miss you guys.

Nadia said...

Hey Diana,
It is great to hear from you. We are on the way to Utah but we probably won't stay there long. We are storing our stuff around here... Sonia understand Russian well and says a few things. I hope she'll pick up more of Russian in Utah when we visit my mom there. We would love to see you, guys ;-)

Katie Anderson said...

That is exciting...where are you moving?

Sonia is such a cutie!!!

Em said...

Are you guys going to be stopping by or staying in so cal anytime soon? We'd love to see you!

Good luck with the packing. Can't wait to hear what plays out for you guys.

Natalie R. said...

I can't believe you guys are moving out so soon. It's crazy how we both are leaving NYC at almost the same time - we definitely need to keep in touch! Maybe we'll end up in the same place again sometime. :0)