Monday, November 24, 2008

Dealing with my anxiety

To all my friends... thank you for being there for me through thick and thin. In the past year I had to deal with post partum anxiety and I am doing much better now. Sonia is doing great and there is no need to worry. I guess countless days and nights with no sleep and pressure from all sides of life landed me in psychiatric hospital three times last year. It is sad but in order to keep my marriage and life together, I had to get expert help.

Here is what my recent motto is... life is most definitely worth it!!!! Just take a look at my family. It is hard to make a decision of having a family these days when every nanny at a playground asks when am I going to go back to work. How can I blame them? They need their work and that is what they do for living... watching kids whose parents are making their choices.

It was hard for me to become a home stay mom, as many of you know. I enjoy being part of the world and building my career. However I know what is most important for me right now and it is making sacrifices and being a mother. I know there will be opportunities when the time is right.

Not everyone would agree with me. But we all make choices and as my bishop yesterday said... at the end it is all about what we take with us after this life into eternity.

For me, my husband, my children and my personal development is all that matters... and I really don't care what others say or post on their blogs about me. If you are my friend and my family's... just simply be so, it is more than I can ask for.

Thank you guys, for all you have done, cried with me and shared my silly stories. It means more than I can tell. We really don't know where we are going right now... I am sure in a few months we will be more settled in one way or another.

I will let you know ;-)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Nadia, you don't know me, but I knew Jeremy at BYU and I have loved getting to know you and your family on your blog. Good luck with your move, I hope you guys find out where you'll be soon. You have a great family, and I really admire your choice to stay home, even if it's been hard. You're amazing!

Emily

Em said...

Like Emily I really admire you and Jeremy and all the decisions you both have made in the last year or so. I have a few other friends who deal with anxiety to a high degree and I know it can be an extremely difficult thing to cope with. I'm so happy to hear you are doing well...Duncan and I are praying for you guys with the moving and job hunt ahead of you.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Andrea J said...

Nadia, you don't really know me either. I was Jeremy's friend freshman year too. I can certainly understand some of what you are saying and I would like to say that I support what you are doing and am glad that there are other women out there willing to make sacrifices for their families. The world is a better place for your actions, thank you.

betsey said...

Nadia,

Your new motto reminds me of Elder Wirthlin's last talk from General Conference..."Come What May and Love It." I've tried to adopt it myself. You are such an amazing woman and I feel blessed to be your friend! Keep on working hard for your family and yourself...cause you are amazing! Lots of love and hugs from us here in Ohio...we are thinking of you!

Ryan and Emily said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and that I too am grateful to be your friend. Being a stay at home mom can be difficult but Sonia is one lucky girl to have you as her mom. Keep on hanging in there!

Katie Anderson said...

Nadia, You are an amazing person and I think it's great that you are sharing your story. I think it will help a lot of women. It's not easy staying home...sometimes it's easy to listen to the "world" and wonder if what we do is worth it. It is...and Sonia is a lucky girl!