Thursday, July 31, 2008

saying good bye to July

We've had some changes in our life. Sonia is taking ballet... just kidding. I simply love this shot.
1. When we got a cool new Dvd player in Brighton Beach (it playes all formats from around the globe and should be illegal), our old TV that came from Grandma Wilder became absolute. Sad as it was, we had to find a new one on craigslist for $40. Well, on Sunday in church our friends offered us a flat screen 36 inch-wide TV. We laughed and decided to get it. Now we are proud owners of three television sets in our NY apartment.

2. Yesterday Jeremy was let off work. He has been super busy these 24 hours, perhaps more busy than his last couple of weeks at work. We hope for something to come our way and he most definitely is on top of it.

3. Last weekend my nice leather purse/diaper bag got dropped into the East river with it went my camera. I recovered the purse and now it has a cool design. My camera drowned. Jeremy got me a new one and I love it.We head to the 3rd play ground last night and I put it to good use. Jeremy and Sonia had lots of fun playing and chasing after each other.


This is where Sonia decided she could walk by herself for the first time. It was about a week ago but she still considers this place safe for free walking. Sonia is super cautious to let go of mom's hand.

Wild ride on the spring horse. Sonia gets into it and sometimes it feels like the horse is almost taking of.We also celebrated Samuel's first birthday in the park with cupcakes and some friends (in order, Jarom, Remy, Keahi, Brooklynn, Samuel, Sonia and Simon)

6 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Those are such great photos, Sonia is really growing up! I'm sorry about your purse, I hope nothing other than the camera was ruined. I'm so glad you and Sonia could make it to the party!! :0)

Unknown said...

Nadia, Im glad you can find the roses amongst the thorns! We hope the best for your family.

suvi said...

I can't believe that Sonia is walking! amazing. Hey, sorry about Jeremy's job... let me know if I can watch sonia for you two to get to the temple together again sometime!

jeremiahrjones said...

Whoa. Sorry about the camera.

Hey, can you get me your mom's address?

Kayt and Brian Bell said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog...it helped me find you! Okay! Sonia is a DOLL!!! She looks so much like you! That is so exciting that she is walking. Can you add me as a friend. . I have NOOO idea how this whole blogging thing works!

betsey said...

We were bummed to hear about Jeremy's job, but I'm sure he will find something amazing in no time!